Sunday, March 23, 2014

Mural Project Post 20

The past two weeks, I have been in touch with the owners of the building which I plan to paint on soon. They haven't decided on a wall which they would allow me to paint, but I plan on meeting with them again in the next week or so to talk more. I also have been compiling a group of family, friends, and peers who all volunteered to help paint. I hope to get the painting done in April, when it will hopefully warm up. As far as funding for paint and supplies goes, I don't have it as of now. As I talked about in my last post, two possibilities for raising money would be to hold a fundraiser or ask friends and family to donate money. I still haven't decided which technique I will use to raise the money I need and I plan to decide within the next weeks and earn the money. 

As the end of the school year draws nearer, I have been thinking about what the theme of my speech will be. While reflecting on the lessons I have learned through this project, I was reminded of all of the times this school year that I felt like giving up. Time and time again, I had to find different ways to remind myself the purpose of my project and the positive impact the outcome of this project could potentially have on others. Although I haven't decided on the topic of my speech yet, I am thinking it will have to do with making your mark on the world, how everyone has the potential to make something great, and never giving up. I know that these all have been key themes throughout the process of painting a mural. 

1 comment:

  1. I think it is truly amazing and inspiring that you put forth so much effort toward creating something bigger than yourself, and even if you haven't come through with the painting yet, I believe that it is truly within your reach to accomplish. It is, of course, very important to plan out every step in such an involved project, but all that work makes it so much more worth it. I think that you have a great idea with the planning of your speech, and that it will all come in due time, I just want to let you know not to give up, and I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete